A yummy way to enjoy Gluten Free meatballs! Works also for meatloaf! I do the cheese instead of bread for binding.
2 lbs (900g) ground turkey
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup grated or shredded parmesan
1 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning blend
2 cups Marinara sauce
2 cups shredded cheese of your choice for topping (Mozzarella, Provolone, Monterrey)
Fresh basil or parsley, for topping
1. To prepare the meatballs casserole recipe: Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Lightly spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine ground turkey, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, onion powder, garlic, Italian seasoning in a large salad bowl – except for the Marinara sauce, 2 cups cheese, and fresh basil that are set aside for the casserole. Use a small cookie scoop to form the meatballs all the same size and arrange the meatballs in the casserole dish.
3. Bake your meatballs casserole for 15 to 20 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove the meatballs casserole from the oven and drain the grease.
4. Top with the low carb Marinara sauce and shredded cheese and put the meatballs casserole back in the oven. Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese has fully melted.
5. Serve the low carb meatballs casserole with a side salad or over zucchini noodles as pictured. Enjoy!
You can also mix 1 lb (450g) ground beef and 1 lb (450g) spicy pork sausage instead of using ground turkey.
Posted by: Carol Anne Hadaway Bilbrey